In this week’s lesson we will introduce you a spatial data model (geometric objects) and some basics of how spatial data can be manipulated in pure Python.
After this week you should:
- have an idea of what kind of tools are available for doing GIS in Python
- know how to install Python packages using conda
- know what kind of geometric objects are available
- know how to create different kind of geometries using Shapely
- know how to read coordinates from a file and create Points based on those