Who are you?¶
Here are few things about you, the participants of the course, based on the questionnaire that many of you filled.
You have been programming 3 years (median)
- Some of you have just started whereas some of you have programmed over 15 years
Many of you have experience either in Python (86 %) or R (71 %).
Most of you understand the basics of programming well. Good!
You are fairly experienced in doing GIS! Median: 10.5 years (between 5 - 20 years), your average experience rating was 4.5 / 5.
Most of you have experience in Quantum GIS (86 %) and ArcGIS (86 %)
- You have also experience from many other GIS softwares / frameworks such as MapInfo, R, GRASS, PostGIS, Geoserver, GDAL, MapServer, MapProxy, Deegree, Sqlite/Geopackage, OpenLayers, Cesium, PDAL
What would you like to learn?¶
What will be covered
- Introduction to Python libraries for GIS
- Good! That is exactly what we are here for! 😎
Raster processing in Python
- The basics of raster processing in Python will be introduced but not any remote sensing stuff
How to use CSC computing resources?
- There is a short introduction included to the topic
What cannot be covered
Using ArcGIS + QGIS with Python
- Won’t be covered (would require separate courses) but there are some materials available:
How to use Python in web service backends?