Lesson 6 Overview¶
In this tutorial we will focus on learning how to create beautiful maps in Python and how to share them on GitHub using GitHub Pages.
- Static maps
- Interactive maps with bokeh
- 2.1 Advanced map features in bokeh
- Interactive Leaflet maps with Folium
- Sharing interactive maps on GitHub
- Exercise 5
- Exercise 5 hints
As you might remember from our earlier plotting lesson during the Period I, there are many different Python modules that can be used for making visualizations.
Quite many of them allows you to create also different kinds of maps. During this lesson we will focus on few of them, namely:
In addition to these modules, there are also at least a few good and interesting modules for making maps that we cannot cover today:
After this weeks lesson you should be able to (at least):
- Create a static map using Geopandas
- Create a simple interactive map using either Bokeh or Folium (or both).
- Share your maps (static / interactive) on GitHub using GitHub pages.