Lesson 2 Overview¶
In this lesson, we will learn how to read and write spatial data, and how to deal with projections in Python using Geopandas -module and some useful data management functionalities.
- Introduction to Geopandas
- Managing map projections
- Exercise 2: Working with geometric objects
- Exercise 2 hints
After this lesson, you should know how to:
- Read and write data from/to Shapefile
- Create geometries into GeoDataFrame
- Change the coordinate reference system of the data
These materials are partly based on Geopandas documentation.